Accounts Payable has updated the Authorization for Travel form to reflect the revised college policy (6Hx28:5-08) on rental cars. Effective July 1, 2013, if an employee uses a car rental agency other than Enterprise or Avis (our preferred vendors), the traveler will only be reimbursed the lesser of the Enterprise contract rate or actual amount paid.
“Both vendors provide competitive nationwide rates as well as traveler’s insurance for all Valencia employees when traveling on business for the college, and every effort should be made to rent a vehicle through one of these preferred vendors,” said Seher Awan, accounts payable coordinator. “If a vehicle cannot be rented using Valencia’s preferred vendors, then the traveler should obtain the most economical rates and insurance coverage should be purchased.”
Please remember the following reimbursement guidelines when using a rental car:
- Valencia’s two preferred car rental vendors are Enterprise (contract #KC1258) and Avis (State contract AWD #A113400).
- Mileage is not reimbursed when using rental cars, but travel reimbursements for gasoline purchases related to the car rental are permitted.
- The traveler should be diligent in acquiring the most economical gas rates.
- Receipts are required for purchases over $5.00.
- When completing the Authorization for Travel and Per Diem forms, please include all supporting documentation and receipts with your expenditure reimbursement request.
For detailed information on the contracts, rates, contact information, and insurance, please visit the Procurement User Resources channel under the “Finance” tab in Atlas. For more information on travel procedures, please visit the accounts payable website or contact Seher Awan, accounts payable coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at extension 3379.