The Valencia College School of Public Safety completed a re-organization when a public safety operations support staff was implemented for the Criminal Justice Institute and the Fire Rescue Institute (formerly Central Florida Fire Institute).
Both the Criminal Justice Institute and the Fire Rescue Institute fall under the umbrella of the Valencia College School of Public Safety. These personnel changes were enacted to accommodate the new School of Public Safety, which was approved by the district board of trustees at the December 2014 meeting.
As part of the reorganization, the following positions were reclassified:
- CJI Assistant Director to Managing Director of the Criminal Justice Institute – Dave Heffernan
- CJI Operations Manager to Assistant Director, Operations, Public Safety – Terry Johnston
- CJI Records Specialist to Program Specialist of Public Safety – Brenda Townsend
- CJI Technical Documents Specialist to Public Safety Enrollment Specialist – Tiffany Baker
- CJI Staff Assistant I to Program Support Specialist – Jacqueline Ruiz
- Director of the Criminal Justice Institute to Executive Dean of Public Safety – Jeff Goltz