The Office of Information Technology (OIT) and Marketing teams have been working hard to update the functionality and look of Valencia College’s website — which will soon feature a modern design that is visually appealing and mobile-friendly — and implement a new content management system (CMS), known as OmniUpdate. The new CMS will launch in the early morning hours of Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
Here’s what you can expect:
- The site will have a new, modern layout.
- The new format will make the website responsive to all size screens, such as smartphones.
- The site will be accessible and compliant for all our audiences.
- All information that is currently on the website is moving to the new CMS.
- User bookmarks will be redirected, allowing users time to update them after the launch.
- Until you are familiar with the location of information, use the search function on the top right of each page to help find content.
- Trained content owners will be able to update content in February 2019.
- Training for new content owners will be offered later this spring. Read The Juice and The Grove for details.
We invite you to submit feedback on the new CMS in Atlas on the My Atlas tab. You’ll find a link in the Website Feedback channel on the right-hand side. If you have CMS or other website issues, please report them to the OIT service desk at OITServiceDesk@valenciacollege.edu or through the OIT online portal.
We are excited to have the CMS support the College’s growth and serve our students, faculty and staff.