Saturday, March 20, 2021
A Message from Paul Rooney, Assistant Vice President, Operations
As of Wednesday, March 24, 2021, the state/FEMA COVID vaccination site located at West Campus will only offer the second dose of Pfizer vaccinations for eligible individuals who have already taken the first dose.
Through Tuesday, March 23, 2021, the state/FEMA COVID vaccination site at West Campus is open to:
- Local college and university employees regardless of age. This does not include dependents. You will need your Valencia ID or paystub (either on your cell phone or a printed copy) and your driver’s license;
- Federal and Institutional Work Study Students. You will need to show your paystub (either on your cell phone or a printed copy) and your driver’s license;
- New: Persons 60 years of age and older. As of Monday, March 22, 2021, persons 50 years and older;
- Long-term care facility residents and staff;
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact;
- K-12 school employees;
- Sworn law enforcement officers 50 years of age and older;
- Firefighters 50 years of age and older; and
- Individuals deemed extremely vulnerable for COVID-19. An individual in this category must bring the COVID-19 Determination of Extreme Vulnerability form, which must be completed and signed by the physician who determined the individual to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19.
Vaccines are being distributed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. or as long as supplies are available each day. Individuals are served on a first-come, first-served, walk-up basis. When coming to the West Campus for the vaccine, please remember to use the North entrance (the entrance nearest Wawa).
Although pre-registration is not necessary, the state has a preregistration system for COVID-19 vaccinations. To preregister in Florida, individuals can either call the designated phone number for their county or visit myvaccine.fl.gov.
It’s anticipated that in mid-April, the site will begin offering first doses again, and that the site will be open through the end of May. As I receive updates, I will keep you posted.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this event, please contact your West Campus Security team at 407-299-5000, extension 1000, or reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-689-7077.