Tuesday, March 23, 2021
A Message from Paul Rooney, Assistant Vice President, Operations
The West Campus state/FEMA COVID vaccination site will continue to administer 500 first doses per day of the Pfizer vaccine from Wednesday, March 24, 2021, through Tuesday, April 6, 2021, an extension of the original time planned for first doses. Those vaccines will be administered on a first-come, first-served basis. The site will only offer the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine from Wednesday, April 7 through Wednesday, April 14, 2021.
Through Tuesday, April 6, 2021, the state/FEMA COVID vaccination site at West Campus is open to:
- Local college and university employees regardless of age. This does not include dependents. You will need your Valencia ID or paystub (either on your cell phone or a printed copy) and your driver’s license;
- Federal and Institutional Work Study Students/Employees. You will need to show your paystub (either on your cell phone or a printed copy) and your driver’s license;
- Persons 50 years and older;
- Long-term care facility residents and staff;
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact;
- K-12 school employees; and
- Sworn law enforcement officers 50 years of age and older;
- Firefighters 50 years of age and older; and
- Individuals deemed extremely vulnerable for COVID-19. An individual in this category must bring the COVID-19 Determination of Extreme Vulnerability form, which must be completed and signed by the physician who determined the individual to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19.
Vaccines are being distributed from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. or as long as supplies are available each day. Individuals are served on a first-come, first-served, walk-up basis. When coming to the West Campus for the vaccine, please remember to use the North entrance (the entrance nearest Wawa).
Although pre-registration is not necessary, the state has a preregistration system for COVID-19 vaccinations. To preregister in Florida, individuals can either call the designated phone number for their county or visit myvaccine.fl.gov.
As I receive updates, I will keep you posted.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this event, please contact your West Campus Security team at 407-299-5000, extension 1000, or reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-689-7077.