A Message from Paul Rooney, Assistant Vice President, Operations
The vaccination site on West Campus officially opened on Wednesday, March 3, 2021. Since the opening, federal and state COVID-19 response teams have administered the COVID-19 vaccine to more than 5,100 individuals.
There is increased traffic and activity on and around West Campus while federal and state COVID-19 response teams administer the COVID-19 vaccine. We strongly suggest that you avoid the area if possible. For those who are working or have business on campus, please click here for details on how to access campus and where to park, as well as a site map.
As a reminder, while we are honored to host and work with our partners, Valencia College is not involved with the operations (determining eligibility, scheduling, etc.) or administration of the vaccines. The entire operation is run by state and federal teams.
Currently, the site is open to:
- Long-term care facility residents and staff;
- Persons 65 years of age and older;
- Health care personnel with direct patient contact;
- K-12 school employees;
- Sworn law enforcement officers 50 years of age and older;
- Firefighters 50 years of age and older; and
- Individuals deemed extremely vulnerable for COVID-19. An individual in this category must bring the COVID-19 Determination of Extreme Vulnerability form, which must be completed and signed by the physician who determined the individual to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19.
Although pre-registration is not necessary, the state has a preregistration system for COVID-19 vaccinations. To preregister in Florida, individuals can either call the designated phone number for their county or visit myvaccine.fl.gov.
If you have any questions or concerns related to this event, please contact your West Campus Security team at 407-299-5000, extension 1000, or reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 321-689-7077.