Thursday, September 9, 2021
A Message from Terri Graham, Interim President, West and Downtown Campuses
At the beginning of the fall term, Valencia College parking permits and ID cards became available for employees and students through our Security offices. Please keep in mind that if you are a Downtown Campus employee, you will need a special parking permit and employee ID that will only be valid for the Downtown Campus. If you are also working from another Valencia Campus, you will need a secondary parking permit and employee ID valid for all other Valencia campuses.
If you do not have a parking permit and have a regularly scheduled reoccurring assignment downtown, have your supervisor contact Eugene Jones, executive dean, Downtown Campus, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-299-5000, extension 1635. Faculty/staff parking is available with a Valencia College Downtown Campus parking permit on the third floor of the Paramore Parking Garage.
If you need to obtain a parking permit for all other Valencia College campuses, follow these steps:
– Log in to Atlas
– Click on the Employees tab
– In the My Human Resources channel, select Update Your Information
– Click Parking Permit Application
– Select Request a Permit
– Click Continue
– Select Faculty as the Type of Permit
– Complete and print the application and then take it, along with vehicle registration and photo ID, to one of the following security locations:
- District Office – Security Desk
- East Campus – Building 5, Room 220
- Lake Nona Campus – Room 155
- Osceola Campus – Building 2, Room 109
- Poinciana Campus – Building 1, Room 103
- School of Public Safety – Security Desk
- West Campus – Building SSB, Room 170
- Winter Park Campus – Security Desk
If you have a regularly scheduled reoccurring assignment downtown and need to request a new ID, visit Card Services Downtown in the Communication and Media Building near the front lobby.
Your ID for other Valencia campuses from before the pandemic is still valid; however, you may need to request to have your door access renewed, as access is deactivated every two years, per audit standards. If you find you must renew your access, call your campus Security office.
If you have a new job that requires different access, ask your supervisor to email your region’s director of security to request access:
– East and Winter Park Campuses – Kevin Brunelle, email@example.com
– Osceola, Lake Nona and Poinciana Campuses – Misty Ellis Peaslee, firstname.lastname@example.org
– West Campus – Art King, email@example.com
If you are a new employee who did not receive an employee ID due to our campus closure, visit the East, Lake Nona, Osceola, Poinciana, West or Winter Park Campus Security office (building locations listed above).