Zoom has released a number of new exciting features and enhancements. Check them out below:
Meetings and Webinars
- Video filters: Apply video filters to alter the look of your video with color grading, foreground and frame filters. Filters can be turned off in your web settings at any time.
- Adjust Touch Up My Appearance: This new ability adjusts your skin smoothness applied with the Touch Up My Appearance feature.
- Adjust lighting: Choose to adjust the brightness of your video automatically or manually with a slider in your video settings. This feature is useful especially in low-light environments.
- Improved background noise suppression: You can adjust the background noise suppression applied, choosing to enable Low, Medium, High or Automatic background noise suppression.
- Improved Waiting Room notifications: The meeting host now receives more notifications about attendees entering the waiting room, including during screen share, and when Zoom is minimized/hidden.
- Improved video and content sharing: Video and content sharing has improved video quality, decreased bandwidth and CPU usage, and improved text clarity.
- PowerPoint presentation virtual backgound: You may now use a PowerPoint presentation as your virtual background, so you may present your video on top of your slides. Please note that this feature is still in beta, so it may not yet work perfectly yet. For more information, click here.
- Additional meeting reactions: In addition to the clapping and thumbs up reactions, meeting participants can now react with a heart, surprised face, laughing face or party emoji. Those receiving the reactions will also need to have the latest version of the Zoom client to see them.
- Security section when scheduling a meeting: To allow easier access, Passcode and Waiting Room settings are displayed under the Security section when scheduling a new meeting.
- Record and send a voice message: You and your users can now record and send a voice message in a one-on-one chat or a channel.
To access these features, update the latest version of Zoom (if it hasn’t auto-updated itself). If Zoom says that the client is up to date, then you are already running the latest version with all of these features.