Wednesday, September 21, 2022
A Message from Deanne Abrams, Director, Employee Development
Supervisors, you don’t want to miss this ultimate event designed to help you succeed in your important role at the College. We know supervising can be challenging, so join us for this all-day, information-packed conference and expand your knowledge on hiring, developing and continuously supporting your team members. It’s been a while, so let’s come together and network in person!
We promise that it will be worth the time in your busy day. And there will be food. Yes, food!
Date: Thursday, November 10, 2022
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Location: West Campus, Building 8, Special Events Center
Why you should attend:
- Gain a better understanding of your role as a supervisor at Valencia;
- Form new relationships and strengthen existing ones with other supervisors from across the College;
- Expand your knowledge on hiring, developing and continuously supporting your team members; and
- Intentionally get out of the day-to-day to sharpen your skills as supervisor.
You’ll have the opportunity to attend sessions on:
- Inclusive hiring;
- Performance management;
- Coaching and developing employees; and
- Identifying and addressing employee concerns.
By the end of the conference, you will be able to:
- Identify your role and responsibility as a Valencia College supervisor to foster employee performance that supports individual and organizational needs;
- Discuss the job description’s importance in creating equitable practices for selection and recruitment;
- Communicate clearly defined performance expectations to employees;
- Conduct coaching discussions to review and update performance and development goals; and
- Identify responsibility to recognize and respond to employee needs.
Please RSVP to the conference by clicking the button below.
Our Organizational Development and Human Resources team can’t wait to see you for this SUPER fun day.