A Message from Tom Keller, Director, Total Rewards
Today marks the beginning of the Valencia College Open Enrollment period. Now, more than ever, is the time to review your benefits and determine which selections are right for you and your family. This year’s Open Enrollment period is Monday, October 19 through Friday, October 30, 2020, and is your once-a-year opportunity to enroll, opt out or make changes to your health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, and life and disability insurance.
Open Enrollment Process
Like last year, you may participate in passive enrollment, which means that most of your 2020 benefits selections will roll over to 2021, unless there is an active change made during Open Enrollment. To review your current 2020 benefits elections, open the Benefitfocus portal and click “Employee Summary Report” under My Documents on the left menu.
However, you should participate in active open enrollment in the Benefitfocus Portal or via the Benefitplace app if you want to:
- Add, drop or change any of your benefits coverage
- Add, drop or change any dependents’ benefits coverage
- Participate in a Medical or Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for 2021 (the 2020 enrollment amount does not roll over for 2021)
- Enroll in, increase or maintain your Health Savings Account (HSA) employee contribution for 2021 (the 2020 employee HSA payroll deduction will not roll over as a payroll deduction amount for 2021)
- Opt out of medical coverage in 2021
- Decline medical coverage in 2021
- Add medical coverage if you opted out of medical coverage or declined medical coverage in 2020
So, how do you enroll? Watch the video below for steps on how to complete the enrollment process:
To start the process to enroll in your 2021 benefits via the Benefitfocus Portal from your computer:
- Log in to your Atlas account.
- Go to the Employees tab.
- In the My Human Resources channel, select Benefits & Wellness.
- Click on the Benefitfocus Portal link.
- To review your current 2020 benefits elections, click “Employee Summary Report” under My Documents on the left menu.
- To start your 2021 enrollment, click the “Get Started” button. Then, you’ll be on your way to making the most of your Valencia Total Rewards.
To enroll in your 2021 benefits via the Benefitplace app:
- Search for Benefitplace in the Google Play Store for Android users and Apple Store for iPhone users, and download the app.
- Open the app and enter valenciabenefits as the company ID.
- Log in using your Atlas Username and Password.
Win an Amazon Gift Card
Review and complete your 2021 enrollment in Benefitfocus or the Benefitplace app during the first week of Open Enrollment, and you’ll be entered into a drawing for one of three $100 Amazon gift cards*. The deadline for entry is Sunday, October 25, 2020, at 11:59 pm. Be sure to click the “Complete Enrollment” button at the end of your review in order to be entered in the drawing.
Dependent Eligibility Verification and Re-verification Review
In January 2021, Consova will conduct a verification of new dependents and re-verification of select dependents enrolled in the medical, dental and vision plans for 2021. The review will be conducted on behalf of Valencia to ensure that only eligible dependents are enrolled in appropriate plans:
- All newly enrolled dependents added to the plans for 2021 will go through an initial dependent eligibility verification review.
- Spouses, domestic partners and some child relationships, except natural born or adopted children, that were previously verified prior to Wednesday, July 1, 2020, will be re-verified.
Need help? There are resources available to assist you with making the best 2021 benefits decisions:
- Download and review the health plan comparison and monthly premium charts, along with the summaries of the dental and vision plans.
- View the English or Spanish Benefits Tour webinar in Benefitfocus. Once you sign in to the Benefitfocus Portal (using the directions above), select the My Resources tab and then 2021 Open Enrollment. Links to the webinars will be under the Benefits Tour Info heading.
For questions, contact Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu, or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-5000, extension HR4U (4748).
*Any property or service provided to employees of the College valued at $100 or more is taxable and will be added to your W-2 earnings.