For anyone interested in serving Valencia College as a dean, there are multiple opportunities available.
As reported in the Tuesday, February 19, 2019, edition of The Juice, Valencia College is currently seeking a dean of humanities and foreign languages on the East Campus and a dean of humanities and social science on the Osceola Campus.
Two additional dean positions have also recently been posted: the Osceola Campus dean of academic affairs and the West Campus dean of behavioral and social science.
Dean, Academic Affairs, Osceola Campus
The dean of academic affairs will work in close partnership with executive leaders to provide strategic leadership in the creation, implementation and evaluation of plans related to academic leadership, planning, assessment, enrollment and course scheduling, campus operations and community outreach. The individual hired for this role will support collegewide strategy integration and direction, impacting student outcomes at the College.
The search for the Osceola Campus dean of academic affairs is internal only; external candidates will not be considered at this time. The application is scheduled to close at 7 p.m. on Wednesday, March 20, 2019.
Dean, Behavioral and Social Science, West Campus
The West Campus dean of behavioral and social science is a front-line learning leader of the College and a member of the campus president’s executive staff. The dean is responsible for promoting academic, administrative and fiscal leadership in accordance with Valencia’s Strategic Learning Plan.
The search for the West Campus dean of behavioral and social science is open to both internal and external candidates. The application is scheduled to close at 7 p.m. on Friday, March 22, 2019.
To view complete job descriptions for these roles, including qualifications, and to learn how to apply, follow these directions:
- Log in to Atlas.
- Click on the Employees tab.
- Click on the Access Valencia EDGE graphic in the My Development channel. A new window will open.
- Access the My Career channel, which will be in the first line of buttons.
- In the Apply section at the bottom of the page, click on Search.
- Click on Explore Open Jobs.
- Enter the keyword Dean and click Search.
- Click on the position of your choice for more information or Apply Now to submit your application.
- If you would like to share the dean roles that are open to external candidates, click the Refer button and complete the form.
If you have questions about applying to any Valencia College job opportunities, contact Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu, or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-5000, extension HR4U (4748).