Are you or your employees interested in a fun and rewarding facilitation experience that will directly impact the success of our students? Register today for GoBe Training held on Friday, September 11, 2015, on West Campus or Monday, September 14, 2015, on East Campus.
You’ve heard of The Six Ps — Place, Purpose, Pathway, Plan, Preparation and Personal Connection — the foundation of the New Student Experience (NSE) initiative. The Six Ps are interwoven into the redesign of the NSE course, launched last fall. But did you know that there is a co-curricular dimension to supplement what occurs in the classroom?
As part of the course, students are required to attend co-curricular activities tied to Purpose and Personal Connection. We call these the GoBes – Going beyond the classroom, or said another way, Go and Be all that you can be.
- In fall 2015, there are students registered for more than 190 sections of the NSE course for a total of more than 5,600 students.
- Each enrolled student needs to attend two GoBe sessions to fulfill course requirements.
- This means that between just East and West campus, we will need to offer almost 200 GoBe sessions. And we need your help!
For the 2015 – 2016 academic year, we will host four different “flavors” of GoBe activities. Three of the activities from last year have been slightly revised, and we’ve added a fourth activity devoted to developing students’ understanding of their strengths.
Because all of the GoBe sessions have been revised, we are encouraging even our veteran facilitators to attend the upcoming training. Additionally, to help facilitators deliver the new lessons, we are offering you the opportunity to take the StrengthsQuest assessment and receive an interpretation. If you don’t need a Strengths interpretation, just join us for the facilitator training. Opportunities are available on both the East and West campuses, and the training will take no more than 1.5 hours (without the Strengths assessment) or 3.0 hours (with the assessment).
To register for the GoBe training and/or Strengths Interpretation, click on one of the following links:
Support your employees in being all they can be:
- GoBe facilitation can be a great development opportunity for your team members who are looking to strengthen their communication and planning skills.
- GoBe facilitation can be a great team-building experience, as each co-curricular session can be co-facilitated by two employees.
- GoBe facilitation should be planned for in advance. Adjust work schedules as needed to ensure that non-exempt employees are compensated for their time, as part of their normal work week (or paid overtime if necessary).
After this initial training, each GoBe session will take only an hour of your time for each session lead. You will select the session times that work for you, and you can lead sessions on your own or with a co-facilitator. Thanks in advance for your support of this collegewide initiative.
For questions or additional information, please contact Andrea Bealler, counselor, East Campus, at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 2932, or Celeste Henry, counselor, West Campus, at email@example.com or extension 1654.