A Message from Patti Smith, Chief Information Officer
You can enhance teamwork and collaboration with Microsoft (MS) Teams — a chat-based, flexible workspace that allows teams to work together in one window. Teams creates a centralized place for chats, messages, meetings and files and can be accessed via computer or mobile devices. Over the next several months, we’ll explore Teams through a series of articles on The Grove and in The Juice.
With MS Teams on a PC, Mac or mobile device, all within one window, you can:
- Pull together a team.
- Create a hub for Skype for Business, OneNote, SharePoint, Microsoft Word and other Microsoft apps into one screen.
- Use chat instead of email.
- Create and share content and securely edit files at the same time as other colleagues without using a third-party app, such as Google Docs.
- Search for files across all of your teams.
- See likes, @mentions and replies with just a single tap.
- Call and meet with team members.
- Create tasks for yourself or others.
- Customize it by adding notes, websites and apps.
- Invite individuals outside of Valencia to your team.
- Access the cloud-based Teams online or via apps downloaded to your computer or mobile device.
Watch the video, “What is Microsoft Teams,” by clicking here.
Why should you use Teams rather than third-party collaboration tools such as Google Docs? Teams is cost effective for the College as it’s a part of our Office 365 suite. Also, unlike third-party collaboration tools, the Office of Information Technology (OIT) can provide troubleshooting assistance on this internal tool.
Ready to explore Teams? To access:
- Log in to login.microsoftonline.com using your @valenciacollege.edu email address
- Select Teams.
You may also download Teams to your computer or mobile device. For details and to download, click here.