Monday, October 11, 2021
Valencia College’s Campus Security Services is currently seeking a candidate to fill the role of director, security, who manages a staff of security supervisors, officers, staff assistants and clerks on our East Campus. The director, security is primarily responsible for all security matters, including proactive patrolling and protecting Valencia College assets against crimes, fire, man-made and natural disasters to ensure the safety of all students, faculty, staff and visitors. Customer service is a priority to maintain professional relationships with all members within the scope of Valencia.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Criminal justice or a related field of study or related field.
- Significant and progressively responsible command management experience in corrections, military, law enforcement or related field.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Security or related training certificate that meets or exceeds security requirements under Florida Statute 493-5203 (Class D).
- Multi-site supervisory experience.
- Experience with electronic security and surveillance systems to include CCTV, proximity readers, biometrics and industry trends.
- Certificates in NIMS and ICS to include: 100, 200, 300, 400 and COOP 547, 548 and HSEEP are preferred.
To read a full description of the position and to apply, click here. Apply by Sunday, October 17, 2021.
If you have questions about applying, contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Talent Acquisition team at 407-582-8033.
To sign up for job alerts, to receive notifications when jobs become available in your field, follow these directions:
- Navigate to https://valenciacollege.peopleadmin.com/interest_cards
- Fill out the Email, First and Last Name fields
- Review and select the job categories of interest