Valencia College is currently seeking two new deans: a dean of humanities and foreign languages on the East Campus and a dean of humanities and social science on the Osceola Campus.
Both positions are strategic, front-line learning leadership roles responsible for serving students and faculty in their respective disciplines. The ideal candidates for both positions will have:
- A master’s degree, or higher, from a regionally accredited institution in a humanities or social sciences field
- Experience formulating and implementing strategic division plans
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills, including the ability to anticipate needs and concerns
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership experience in providing conflict resolution, mediation and negotiation of student, staff and faculty concerns
- Experience in administering the budget by collaborating with faculty and staff to determine funding needs and priorities.
- Experience teaching at the community college level
- Ability to work effectively in a diverse community and meet the needs of diverse student populations
- A demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion
Both internal and external candidates are welcome to apply.
For a complete job description of the East Campus dean of humanities and foreign languages position, click here; for a job description of the Osceola Campus dean of humanities and social science position, click here.
If you’re interested in this role, internal candidates can apply by following these directions:
- Log in to Atlas.
- Click on the Employees tab.
- Click on the Access Valencia EDGE graphic in the My Development channel. A new window will open.
- Access the My Career channel, which will be in the first line of buttons.
- In the Apply section at the bottom of the page, click on Search.
- Click on Explore Open Jobs.
- Enter the keyword Dean and click Search.
- Click on the position of your choice for more information or Apply Now to submit your application.
If you have questions about applying, contact Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu, or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-5000, extension HR4U (4748).