A Message from Kathleen Plinske, Executive Vice President and Provost
Valencia is now hiring a thoughtful, collaborative and passionate leader to serve as the College’s vice president of academic affairs. Both internal and external applicants are welcome to apply.
The vice president of academic affairs provides strategic leadership for the areas of curriculum, assessment, faculty development, distance learning, and career and workforce education. Moreover, the vice president collaborates with campus presidents to identify and create the conditions that support student learning across all of our campuses.
This role represents a truly unique opportunity to lead Valencia’s efforts to make significant improvements in student learning outcomes, reduce gaps in performance between students among diverse backgrounds and engage with a vibrant community to increase access to higher education and enable greater economic mobility.
The ideal candidate will have completed a doctoral degree (or equivalent coursework), will have undergraduate teaching experience, preferably at the community college level, and will have experience with curriculum development and design as well as knowledge of teaching and learning pedagogies and strategies.
For a complete job description of this position, click here.
If you’re interested in this role, you can apply by following these directions:
- Log in to Atlas.
- Click on the Employees tab.
- Click on the Access Valencia EDGE graphic in the My Development channel. A new window will open.
- Access the My Career channel, which will be in the first line of buttons.
- In the Apply section at the bottom of the page, click on Search.
- Click on Explore Open Jobs.
- Enter the keywords Vice President, Academic Affairs and click Search.
- Click on the Vice President, Academic Affairs Job Ad for more information or Apply Now to submit your application.
If you have questions about applying, contact Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu, or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-5000, extension HR4U (4748).