Congratulations to the outstanding employees who have been selected by their colleagues to receive a 2014 John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Award. The John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Award, created by the League for Innovations, allows League Alliance member institutions to celebrate outstanding contributions and leadership by community college faculty and staff. Valencia is proud to participate in this recognition program for the second consecutive year.
Recipients will be recognized in a series of activities and promotions and have the option of being honored at special events at the League’s Innovations Conference, to be held on March 2 – 5, 2014, in Anaheim, California. For additional information about the John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Awards Program, visit the website.
A message from Dr. Falecia Williams, West Campus President
Congratulations to the 2014 West Campus Roueche Recipients:
- Roberta Carew, Professor of Mathematics
- Adrian Manley, Counselor
- George Rausch, Professor of Networking Engineering Technology
- Wael Yousif, Professor of Networking Engineering Technology
A message from Dr. Kathleen Plinske, Campus President, Osceola and Lake Nona
Four members of the Osceola and Lake Nona campuses were selected as 2014 recipients of the John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Awards. They will represent the College and the Osceola and Lake Nona campuses at the League’s Innovations Conference in March, 2014.
- Paul Chapman, professor of humanities at the Osceola Campus, was recognized for his outstanding contributions to Valencia’s Peace and Justice Initiative, for his service as an advisor to Phi Theta Kappa, for leading study abroad experiences and for giving back to the community. In his nomination, Paul was recognized as “an outstanding campus leader who is dedicated, passionate and works hard for his students, fellow colleagues and the community.”
- Javier Charriez, instructional support supervisor at the Osceola Campus, was recognized for providing outstanding support for 296 computer stations, laptops and iPads in the Depot, Learning Center, Library and Assessment and Testing Center. In his nomination, he was identified as an “unsung hero” with an innovative spirit whose passion for helping students combined with his technology expertise allows him to significantly enhance students’ learning experiences on campus.
- Jonathan Hernandez, manager, student services at the Lake Nona Campus, was recognized for his ability to lead by example, creating a positive atmosphere in which the primary goal is “finding a way” to support each and every student. Jonathan takes a holistic approach when working with students and works to help students not only be successful academically, but in all aspects of life.
- Deidre Holmes Dubois, professor of speech at the Osceola Campus and president of the Faculty Council, was recognized for outstanding leadership and a steadfast focus on making decisions that best support student learning. She was recognized for consistently going “above and beyond,” holding such high standards of excellence “to help proofread material that isn’t even her responsibility,” and for leading significant and complicated work to completion.
Please congratulate Paul, Javier, Jonathan and Deidre for this outstanding recognition and their tremendous contributions to the Osceola and Lake Nona campuses, the College and our students!
A Message from Dr. Stacey Johnson, President of the East and Winter Park Campuses
Congratulations to the 2014 East and Winter Park Roueche Recipients:
- Dr. Maryke Lee, dean of mathematics, East
- Theresa Koehler, mathematics administrative assistant, East
- Dr. James May, English as a second language professor, East
- Leesa Sward, professor of biology, Winter Park