Tuesday, April 14, 2020
A Message from Amy Bosley, Vice President, Organizational Development and Human Resources
If you are an eight- or 10-month, full-time (non-temporary) faculty member, it is time to make changes, if desired, to payroll frequency for the upcoming academic year.
Below is the information you need to know about this annual process:
- All new full-time faculty will be paid over 26 pay periods unless actively elected otherwise.
- Tenured/tenure-track faculty and annually appointed faculty with teaching assignments in the fall, spring and one summer term (10-month) may elect to be paid over 22 pay periods or 26 pay periods.
- Annually appointed faculty with teaching assignments in the fall and spring (eight-month) may elect to be paid over 18 pay periods or 26 pay periods.
- The decision to change payroll frequency may be made once per year in late spring. The Total Rewards team will communicate with all faculty through collegewide communication channels including The Juice and the Faculty Insight newsletters about the time during which changes may be made. Because we pay faculty contracts on installments, we cannot change the payroll frequency once the first payroll of a new contract year has been issued, and all changes to payroll frequency must be made by Friday, May 29.
- Your current payroll frequency choice remains in place and will NOT change unless you submit a form to elect a new payroll frequency before Friday, May 29. This means, for example, that if you currently have 22 paychecks and do not wish to change, you don’t need to take any action.
- All eight- and 10-month full-time (non-temporary) faculty members who wish to elect a change in the pay frequency for the 2020-21 academic year can do so by completing the Electronic Payroll Election Form which will be sent to each eight- and 10-month, full-time, non-temporary faculty members via email on Wednesday, April 15.
For questions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-299-5000, extension 8255 or Organizational Development and Human Resources at HR4U@valenciacollege.edu, or call the HR4U helpline at 407-299-5000, extension HR4U (4748).