In this Policy Update series, you’ll receive information about recently updated, repealed or approved policies to ensure you are kept abreast of key policy changes. We are excited to provide you with relevant and timely policy information to assist you in your role and your team’s contributions to the College.
By Michelle Sever, Director, Human Resources Policy and Compliance Programs
Referenced Policy: 6Hx28:2-01, Discrimination, Harassment and Related Misconduct
In August 2017, the Be the One Campaign was launched to create inclusive awareness within our Valencia community. Campaign messages include how we should treat each other, and the campaign offers resources to prepare faculty, staff and students to recognize discrimination or harassment and understand how to respond. The corresponding policy, College Policy 6Hx28: 2-01: Discrimination, Harassment and Related Misconduct, provides specific information including but not limited to:
- defining what constitutes as prohibited conduct and how to report such conduct;
- investigative processes; and
- a list of internal contacts and external confidential resources that can provide support to the Valencia community.
Our commitment to you is an annual policy review which incorporates ensuring that legal requirements are up to date, assessing the effectiveness of the resolution process and maintaining a current list of resources and support available to involved parties. We are asking our supervisors to become familiar with the policy and specifically Appendix B and C of the procedures. These provide a listing of Valencia resources to call should circumstances arise where partnership and support are needed.
For more information, please refer to the aforementioned policy or contact the following representatives from Organizational Development and Human Resources:
- Lauren Kelly, director, equal opportunity and employee relations at 407-299-5000, extension 8125, or email@example.com
- Ryan Kane, assistant vice president, organizational development and inclusion, at 407-299-5000, extension 3421, or firstname.lastname@example.org