Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Valencia College’s School of Nursing has recently made changes to the Associate in Science in Nursing (ASN) program. This includes revising the program with an updated application process and new curriculum designed to improve equity, shorten the time to graduation, promote student success from admission to graduation and prepare students for a revised National Council Licensure Examination.
Specific updates include the following:
Redesigned Application Process
Going forward, the ASN application will consider the following:
These courses must be completed before applying to the NSA program. Courses must be completed with a minimum combined GPA of 3.0 and a minimum grade of C:
- ENC1101 Freshman Composition I (3 Credits)
- BSC1010C General Biology I (4 Credits) – Prerequisite for BSC2093
- HUM Humanities (Core or Institutional) (3 Credits)
- MGF1106 Liberal Arts Math I, or any General Education math (3 Credits)
- PSY2012, General Psychology (3 Credits)
- BSC2093C Human Anatomy and Physiology I (4 Credits)
- DEP2004 Developmental Psychology (3 Credits)
- HUN2202 Essentials of Nutrition with Diet Therapy (3 Credits)
- MCB2010C Microbiology (4 Credits)
Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) Qualifying Score Submission
To apply for the ASN program, students must earn a minimum score of 65 on the ATI TEAS.
Overall and Prerequisite GPA
Applicants must also have an overall GPA of 3.0 for all completed college courses, as well as a prerequisite GPA of 3.0 in the courses listed above.
New Part-time Option
We have introduced a part-time option for all traditional program tracks (daytime and evening/weekend) to allow for more flexibility for our students. Students may now choose to pursue either a full-time or part-time course load.
Students may apply for the ASN for the Summer 2022 term from Tuesday, February 1 through Tuesday, February 15, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. The Osceola Campus track will not be available for Summer 2022 applicants. However, the West Campus daytime and evening/weekend track will be available, and we anticipate that the Osceola Campus daytime track will become available again in the fall application cycle.