Friday, October 1, 2021
In recognition of the long tradition of excellence in community college teaching and leadership, the League for Innovation in the Community College established the League Excellence Awards — formerly the John and Suanne Roueche Excellence Awards — in 2012. These awards are open to League Alliance member institutions to celebrate outstanding contributions and leadership by community college faculty and staff. Recipients are recognized in a series of activities and promotions and honored at special events at the League’s Innovations conference each spring.
All full-time employees of the College, including full-time faculty (i.e. annually appointed faculty, tenure-track and tenured) and staff, are eligible to be nominated for this honor, provided they have not received the award in the last five years.
Each president has established the following criteria for nominations:
East and Winter Park Campuses’ Criteria:
- Contributes to the advancement of innovation and creativity on East and Winter Park Campuses.
- Provides leadership through participation in divisional, campus and collegewide initiatives.
- Exhibits expertise/scholarship in his/her specific field/discipline and work.
- Demonstrates outstanding contributions to campus and college learning communities.
Osceola, Lake Nona and Poinciana Campuses’ Criteria:
- Exhibits spirit of innovation that goes “above and beyond” what’s expected.
- Recognizes that our students are amazing and demonstrates a commitment to helping them reach their full potential.
- Makes a significant contribution to creating the right conditions to support learning on campus.
West and Downtown Campuses’ Criteria:
- Demonstrates innovation and creativity for improving learning at the West and Downtown Campuses.
- Advances expertise or the scholarship of teaching and learning in their field/discipline or area of work.
- Contributes significantly to achieving remarkable outcomes for a division, campus or collegewide initiative.
- Strengthens partnerships with external organizations and agencies to improve student access, retention, and completion.
Please consider nominating a worthy colleague before Friday, October 22, 2021.
For additional information, call your campus president’s office:
- East and Winter Park Campuses: 407-582-2216
- Osceola, Lake Nona and Poinciana Campuses: 321-682-4101
- West and Downtown Campuses: 407-582-5588