Valencia’s Associate Faculty Certification Program is the college’s way of annually recognizing and rewarding adjunct and full-time, non-tenure earning faculty members who participate in the college’s faculty development activities. This certification program supports faculty members in their ongoing commitment to the enhancement of their knowledge, skills and abilities that lead to student learning or academic success.
The deadline to apply for Associate Faculty Certification
for the 2012-2013 academic year is June 15.
- Earn the title of associate faculty member.
- Receive a pay raise (see the Faculty Development website for details).
- Become part of a collaborative community made up of faculty members from across the college.
- Get tools and training to help you meet the expectations for being a great teacher at Valencia.
To Qualify for Initial Certification
- Your Atlas transcripts must indicate a total of 60 hours of completed faculty development activities by June 15 to achieve your initial certification for academic year 2012-2013 (30 of the 60 hours must include completion of the “LCTS1110: Teaching in Our Learning College” course).
- You must complete and submit the online application by June 15. To access the online application, please visit the Associate Faculty webpage.
To review your hours completed toward certification, you can access your transcripts by logging into Atlas (learn how to access your transcripts).
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Jyoti Pande, assistant director of adjunct faculty development, at email@example.com or at extension 2297.