Now that the semester is in full-swing and before the fury of preparing for the next, it is the perfect time to learn and improve your practice of the Essential Competencies of a Valencia Educator by taking a faculty development course. This year there’s a new, convenient way to search and register for these courses, all in the Valencia EDGE in the My Courses channel.
In this channel, you will find the following:
- Course Calendar: In the calendar, see what training opportunities are coming up that may fit your schedule. You may filter by the day, week or month, by location or even by title.
- Faculty Development Transcript: View your faculty development courses taken, grades, progress in faculty certifications and your professional development hours.
- Course Registration and Search: Search for faculty development courses by competency, topic, certifications, concentrations or programs.
- Course Catalog: Obtain in-depth information on what the Office of Faculty and Instructional Development and the Teaching/Learning Academy offer, including in-depth descriptions on courses and certification programs.
- Consultation Services: Learn about services available at the Centers for Teaching/Learning Innovation, such as working with a faculty developer/instructional designer on your course content; advising for your professional development; discovering innovative teaching tools; integrating technology into your classroom; and more.
To access the Valencia EDGE:
- Log in to Atlas.
- Click on the Faculty tab.
- Click on the Access the EDGE graphic in the Faculty Development Channel.
- Click on My Courses.
If you have any questions about the Valencia EDGE or viewing your transcript, please visit or call your campus’ Center for Teaching/Learning Innovation.