Renting a car for Valencia travel? You’ll need to remember that if a car rental agency other than Enterprise or Avis (our preferred vendors) is used for this service, the traveler will be reimbursed the lesser of the Enterprise contract rate or actual amount paid. This policy (6Hx28:5-08) has been in effect since July 1, 2013, and is noted on the Authorization for Travel form.
Both vendors provide competitive nationwide rates as well as traveler’s insurance for all Valencia employees when traveling on business for the College. Every effort should be made to rent a vehicle through one of these preferred vendors.
If a vehicle cannot be rented using Valencia’s preferred vendors, then the traveler should obtain the most economical rates and insurance coverage should be purchased.
Please remember the following reimbursement guidelines when planning for travel with a rented car:
- Valencia’s two preferred car rental vendors are Enterprise (contract #KC1258) and Avis (State contract AWD #A113400).
- Mileage is not reimbursed when using rental cars, but travel reimbursements for gasoline purchases related to the car rental are permitted.
- The traveler should be diligent in acquiring the most economical gas rates.
- Receipts are required for purchases over $5.
- When completing the Authorization for Travel and Per Diem forms, please include all supporting documentation and receipts with your expenditure reimbursement request.
For detailed information on the contracts, rates, contact information and insurance, please visit the Procurement User Resources channel under the “Finance” tab in Atlas.