A message from Tom Keller, Director of Benefits
This New Year brings about the changes you elected in your Valencia health care benefits. With 2016 fast approaching, it’s important for you to be prepared for your health care benefits transitions that will be effective Friday, January 1, 2016.
Valencia’s new health insurance carrier will be UnitedHealthcare (UHC). There are important considerations you should be aware of and expect:
- You’ll receive a new UHC ID card sometime in the last week of December, dependent on your local mail carrier. The new ID cards will be effective Friday, January 1, 2016. You should present this new card to your medical providers after that date. Remember that you are still covered under your Cigna plan through Thursday, December 31, 2015, so you should continue using that ID card if you visit a provider before the end of the year.
- If you require UHC medical ID information prior to receiving your ID cards, click on this link to download a temporary ID card letter. This letter will allow you to access your medical and pharmacy benefits until you receive your ID card.
- LabCorp is UHC’s primary provider for lab testing services. Although there are many other independent labs in UHC’s network, Quest Diagnostics is not one of them. If you go to Quest after January 1, you may be subject to higher out-of-network costs for your services.
- Once you receive your UHC ID card, you can register for an account on myuhc.com. From this site, you can track your claims and expenses, look up network providers and print additional ID cards, among many other tools and features. After registering an account, download the United Healthcare Health4Me mobile app to your Apple or Android device to take advantage of the same tools and features.
Your pharmacy benefit will be managed through your new UnitedHealthcare health plan:
- Retail Pharmacy (Walgreens, CVS, etc): Be sure to present your new UHC ID card to your retail pharmacy on the first visit after the New Year. You should not need to get new prescriptions from your physician if your current ones still have refills available. If you are eligible, you may also wish to refill your prescription under the Cigna plan one more time prior to Thursday, December 31, 2015, to help minimize any potential disruption in your prescription drug regimen during the transition.
- Mail Order: If you currently have prescriptions filled through Cigna Home Delivery Pharmacy and would like to continue mail order through UnitedHealthcare OptumRx, we recommend that you request a new prescription from your physician. If you are eligible, you may also wish to refill your mail order prescription through Cigna one more time prior to Thursday, December 31, 2015. Both of these may help minimize any potential disruption in your prescription drug regimen during the transition. After you set up your myuhc.com account, you’ll be able to find more information about OptumRx home delivery on that site.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
If you enrolled in the Choice Plus HSA Silver health plan, you will need to open your Health Savings Account with Optum Bank. The College contributes $600 for employee only coverage and $1,200 for coverage with dependents into your HSA account. In order to have your funds available for use starting Monday, January 4, 2016, you must create your account by Friday, December 18, 2015. After Friday, January 1, 2016, there will also be an online option for you to transfer remaining funds from your Cigna Chase HSA, if you prefer.
If you chose the Opt-Out Plan, you will receive three benefits in 2016: a $500 medical flexible spending account, $1,200 in opt-out funds divided by the number of pays in the year and employee-only dental coverage.
Your dental benefits through MetLife remain unchanged for 2016. MetLife Dental is a cardless system for in-network providers, so you will not receive an ID card. If you would like to print your own card, just sign in to your account on MetLife’s website or the MetLife app on your Apple or Android device.
Our new vision insurance carrier is UnitedHealthcare Vision. It is also a cardless system for in-network providers, so you will not receive an ID card. When you visit your vision provider, just identify yourself as having UnitedHealthcare Vision insurance, and they will be able to verify your enrollment in the UHC Vision system. Do not provide them with your UHC medical ID card as there is no vision coverage through the health plan.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
Your medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts will continue to be administered by Chard Snyder. If you had an FSA in 2015, do not discard your current Benny debit card. It will be reloaded with your 2016 election amount effective Friday, January 1, 2016. If you are new to FSA, you will receive a new Benny debit card and new account information from Chard Snyder within the last two weeks of December, dependent on your local mail carrier.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
In 2016, our EAP will be offered through UnitedHealthcare’s OptumHealth. EAP assists you 24 hours a day/7 days a week with your work/life balance needs through counseling, ID theft/fraud resolution, legal and financial services. The contact phone number can be found on the back of your UHC medical ID card.
International Travel During Winter Break
If you’re traveling internationally (including Puerto Rico) during the Winter Break, be aware that you have health insurance coverage for urgent and emergency medical care only. You will be responsible for paying for your own emergency medical care and then submitting a claim for reimbursement. Claims for services up to December 31, 2015 should be submitted to Cigna. Click here for Cigna’s guide to getting urgent and emergency care outside the U.S. Claims for services on or after January 1, 2016 would be submitted to UnitedHealthcare.
If you have questions about your Valencia health care benefits, please contact the Benefits team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at extension 8266. On behalf of the Total Rewards team, we hope you and your family have an enjoyable winter break and wonderful holiday season!